Green Pea DahlCourse: Breakfast & Smoothies
300g green split peas (pre-soaked, drained and washed)
3 medium carrots
1 large leek
4 garlic gloves
2tbsp olive oil (for cooking)
400ml can of coconut milk
1tsp fennel seeds
1tsp smoked paprika
- Heat a pan with some olive oil. Chop the leek, the garlic, grate the carrots (I used a food processor) and add the mix to the pan.
- Add the spices, the salt and stir well and let it fry for 5 minutes.
- Add green peas and the can of coconut milk, add some more salt and stir well.
- Bring the dahl to the boil, then reduce to simmer for 40-45 minutes, until peas are cooked through.
- Top up with fresh herbs of your choice, humous or chilli flakes.