Red Lentils DahlCourse: Breakfast & Smoothies
300g red split lentils (washed and drained)
1 large onion
4 garlic gloves
1 handful of spinach
400ml can of coconut milk
1tsp caraway seeds
1tsp smoked paprika
Fresh parsley or coriander (optional)
- Heat a pan with some olive oil. Chop the onion, the garlic and the courgette, grate the carrots (I used a food processor) and add the mix to the pan.
- Add all the spices and salt, stir well and let it fry for 3-5 minutes.
- Add lentils and the can of coconut milk, add some more salt and stir well.
- Bring the dahl to the boil, then reduce to simmer for 30-40 minutes, until lentils are cooked through.
- Switch off the heat and stir in a handful of fresh spinach.
- Top up with fresh herbs of your choice.